Saturday 12 July 2008

12 July 2008

estimated 8 nautical miles
Well, this as a short morning and afternoon sail with Bob and Nigel again. We had a very good lunch at the club and watched and sailed around the Optimists who were racing.

I squashed my finger and its bruised and developed a blood blister under the nail from when I was putting on the rudder. Bob said something and I looked up and the rudder swung round and squashed my finger. Must remember to concentrate and not try to do both things at the same time in the future.

I also lost the nut off the rudder bolt while sailing today. I will try to get a new slightly longer rudder bolt with a locking nut.

I really wish I'd had the still camera [which Sue took to the UK] as the Optimists would have been great to photograph.

No more sailing for 3 weeks now sadly as I am off to the UK.

No comments: