Sunday, 10 August 2008

10 August 2008 - repairs, but still cannot find the leak

4.5 nautical miles
Raed and I went back to repair the bullseye and take Galini out for a quick trip out and back. I had a bit of a headache so didn't want a long sail.

We also tried to find the leak [small leak coming in, which is taken out by the self bailers, but irritating nevertheless]. I sort of hoped it was the self bailers themselves leaking, but it looks like its the centreboard case - which I had repaired over winter, so I am not sure where the leak is exactly.

We also tried 'backing the jib' [genoa in our case] to help push us round, didn't seem to work. However, when we were on the hard looking for the water leak we had the sails up to wash and clean them and I showed Raed what I meant and he said he had still been letting go to early, so we will try again sometime. Pity Raed has to go back home this week.

No comments: