Sunday, 4 August 2013

Restoration part 1

It's time for the long overdue maintenance for Galini!

Last weekend we removed all the rigging and floorboards and started sanding and sanding and sanding to remove all the old paint.

By the end of three stints at this the hull was looking reasonable so we did a further sand yesterday (after this photo was taken) cleaned out and then turned over to do a quick clean of the hull.

One thing that was getting really bad were the handles, so we manufactured and varnished new handles out of teak.

We took the handles down to Galini to see how they would look. Obviously the painting of the deck will make them look even better!

No comments: